Step 1 – Initial Meeting
This is a 60 to 90 minute meeting where we will complete a discovery exercise that focuses on your values and your goals. You are free to ask any questions you wish. As well, we will complete a questionnaire of information regarding your current financial situation. This initial meeting is at my expense and there is no obligation associated with this meeting.
Clients are encouraged to bring the following items to the initial meeting:
- Most recent investment statements showing specific investments held in all RRSP / Non-registered / TFSA / RESP accounts *
- Recent pay stubs or estimates of pay before and after deductions *
- Most recent tax return *
- Last 2 notices of assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency *
- Approximate breakdown of current monthly expenditures (budget) *
- Personal loan / line of credit statements
- Most recent mortgage statement
- Work insurance coverage details (booklet & statement of coverage)
- Private insurance policies
- CPP statement of contributions (call 1 877 454 4051 to order)
- Wills / Powers of attorney / Divorce / separation agreement / marriage contract
While many documents can be provided after the initial meeting it is best to bring as much information as possible. The key items are those with an * beside them.
By the end of the first meeting we can determine whether or not to proceed to the next step which will be the preparation of your personal financial plan. Please note that because we spend approximately ten to fifteen hours preparing your financial plan, our flat fee to prepare a comprehensive financial plan is $3500. Ask how to qualify for a reduced rate!
Step 2 – Personal Financial Plan Presentation
Usually held 14-21 days after the initial meeting, this session lasts approximately 90 minutes. We will present and walk through the financial plan with you in detail, answering any questions you may have along the way. The plan is then yours to take home and review at your leisure. We encourage you to call if you have any questions or suggested modifications. When you have decided whether or not you wish to proceed with the plan (or a modified version), simply contact our office and we will take care of all the required paperwork.
Step 3 – Implementing Your Financial Plan
You may implement your plan through your existing advisors or through the services of our firm. Should you decide to proceed with our firm, we will set up a time to meet to sign the required documents. Remember, we will prepare all the necessary paperwork to ensure a smooth and timely transfer of your investments and implementation of your plan.
Desjardins Financial Security Investments Inc. (DFSI) & Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network (DFSIN) are not providing the financial planning service and will not be supervising this activity. You should not rely on DFSI or DFSIN for review of the plan. DFSI and DFSIN is neither charging nor being paid any fees for this service and will not be liable for any errors or omissions. This Financial Planning Service is done solely through S. Cox & Associates Wealth Management Inc.